My first week of attempting to eat more healthy and do more exercise has gone fairly well, I managed to not have any of the desserts at my nephews party which is pretty impressive! I’ve had a fair amount of help and advice and here’s what I’ve done:
- Drink a large glass of water in the morning and then 3 litres of water per day + 1 litre extra for every hours exercise, this advice came from fellow blogger Jess who is a traveller and also a fitness professional. She also recommended looking at a book entitled ‘I quit sugar’ by Sarah Wilson (I’ve yet to look at this).
- I’ve reduced carbs in the form of potatoes, rice, pasta and bread…I’ve actually cut everything out apart from the potatoes.
- Replaced semi-skimmed milk with skimmed milk.
- reduced the amount of chocolate, I used to eat a bar pretty much every day, now I’ve limited this to the weekend only.
- To help the urge of eating when bored, I’m drinking a lot more hot drinks, like herbal tea and normal tea.
- I was already a member of a gym and went fairly regularly, I’ve now got a tailored exercise plan to follow which should hopefully help speed up the process.
What I do need to do is stop the granola for breakfast and switch to low/no-sugar porridge, I’m just adamant that I need to finish the existing breakfast before I start a new one!
So, first week has been done and I weighed myself this morning and I was 11st 12lbs (166lbs or 75.3kg), so have lost 3lbs!
Now to keep up the momentum as I’m well aware that a lot of that weight loss is purely water.
Till next week…