The Chameleon Shift hiking boot is the latest boot to come from Merrell, offering a lightweight, stylish boot for any terrain.
“The Chameleon Shift is perfect for year-round excursions into the hills, where its chameleon-like abilities to adapt to a variety of terrains and conditions make it an ideal choice.”
With a GORE-TEX® waterproof membrane to keep your feet dry and to enhance breathability along with the Stratafuse™ exoskeleton which encases the heel cage for extreme lightweight durability the Chameleon Shift is a nice looking boot.
The boot on wearing feels secure around your ankle due to the high support, the nubuck leather and mesh makes for a flexible fit also. The sole feels sturdy and the grip on loose ground is good.
Product Details (as taken from the Merrell Website):
UPPER / LINING
• GORE-TEX® waterproof membrane repels moisture and enhances breathability for all activities
• Stratafuse™ exoskeleton fuses the heel cage to mesh uppers for extreme lightweight durability
• Nubuck leather and mesh upper
• Traditional lace closure
• Bellows tongue keeps debris out
• M Select™ FRESH antimicrobial agents reduce shoe odour
• Ace single density removeable footbed
MIDSOLE / OUTSOLE
• Moulded nylon arch shank
• Grade 3 women’s specific nylon insole for backpacking with a light pack
• Merrell In-Board™ Compression moulded EVA footframe provides cushioning
• Merrell air cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability
• MBound TRK™ midsole for responsive and durable cushioning on the trail
• 5 mm lug depth
• Vibram™ outsole
The boot is available in Black/Adventurine and Bitter Root for women and currently retails at £140.
Overall I like the feel of the boot and on the times I’ve worn so far have had no noticeable problems.
*I was sent a pair of Merrell Chameleon Shift for the purpose of this review, all thoughts are my own.